National PB&J Day is on Wednesday, April 2, 2014, but why celebrate America’s favorite lunchtime sandwich for only one day? In observation of this obscure national day, Pogue’s Run Grocer will be serving gourmet PB&Js as our Sandwich of the Week March 31 – April 6.
On the menu for the days surrounding National PB&J Day are:
- Peanut Butter, Bananas, Honey, and Dillman Farm F.R.O.G. Preserves
- Peanut Butter, Potato Chips, Bacon, Dillman Farm Strawberry Preserves, and Dillman Farm Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Classic Peanut Butter and Dillman Farm Jelly
Weekday lunch goers can make their PB&J a lunch special by adding chips or soup and a local, handcrafted soda for $7.99. Sandwiches are served on a choice of locally baked bread, including multigrain, marble rye, sourdough, or gluten free.
Interesting facts about PB&Js:
- The world’s biggest peanut butter and jelly sandwich was created November 6, 1993, in Peanut, PA. It was 40 ft. long and contained 150 lbs. of peanut butter and 50 lbs. of jelly.
- 96% of people put the peanut butter on before the jelly when making a PB&J.